One of my favorite columns on the interwebs is Peter King’s Monday Morning QB on SI.com – as a football buff, I obviously enjoy the content, but my favorite part is where Peter simply riffs off 10 things he “thinks he thinks” . . . since good writers borrow from good writers, and great writers steal outright, I’m gonna take that format for some weekly up-to-the minute rattling about what’s in my head . . .
- I think Olivia is more excited about fantasy football this year than I am. She checked her roster AT LEAST seven times before week one.
- I think my boat may be the death of me. The lower unit went out; if you’re not a boater, this is the equivalent of losing the transmission, only more expensive. It’s currently in Orlando in some guy’s backyard being salvaged and (hopefully) put back together Update: The boat is back, at 20% estimated repair cost (which has me feeling equal parts giddy and terrified)!
- Will is into Pirates of the Carribean . . . between Family Movie Night (Curse of the Black Pearl) and a couple of boy nights, he’s now seen the first three, and he’s a borderline buccaneer, running around the house with a plastic sword and talking like a pirate (which is kinda awesome with his struggles around “r’s” and “w’s” . . . I think pirates and cowboys are something most little boys, at some point, want to be. I know I did. Also a Jedi. And Carrie Fisher’s boyfriend (in 1984, not so much now).
- I think my fun. radio station is the BEST for wake up music right now. This is probably odd to some of you, as I am a huge supporter of country music. But I also feel like you run out of music pretty quickly these days, wearing songs out . . . so I like to get up early, put fun. on at a decent volume, and cook bacon. See, even if you weren’t nuts about fun., you forgot once I mentioned bacon.
- I’m writing this early Sunday morning – both girls were at Rock the Universe last night, so it’ll be a boys-only morning! Hope everyone out there has a great week . . .